****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Author Guest Post - Andrea Smith

Wow! I am so excited and a bit nervous. This is my very first opportunity to do an author guest post, so I don't want to blow it girls!
 
 
Where to start . . .
Back in the mid-seventies I read a book titled, 'The Flame and the Flower,' by Kathleen Woodiwiss. Brandon Birmingham was my first experience with reading about an alpha male that was 'hawt'! From that point on, I was hooked on 'gothic romances' as they were typically labeled. Books by Woodiwiss, Rosemary Rogers, Laurie McBain, and Johanna Lindsey were read as quickly as they were published. My favorite author of the group was Woodiwiss; her book 'Shanna' being at the top of my list.
In the early eighties I aspired to write one of my own. This was long before writers had the option of self-publishing. I bombed. I decided to focus on marriage, career and children.
 
 
 
 
Fast forward to June 2012 . . .
I decided to leave the corporate world in favor of doing something creative. I had started reading once again after a lapse of many years. I read and re-read the 'Twilight Saga' books; then early in 2012, the 'Fifty Shades' trilogy. My creative juices started flowing once again. I finished my first book, 'Maybe Baby' in about six weeks. Imagine my surprise when I discovered it was 822 pages! (Naturally, it has been trimmed down to just over 600 pages now.)
The other two books in the trilogy, 'Baby Love' and 'Be My Baby' followed in late 2012 and early 2013. This series is romantic erotica. The characters are real, passionate, complicated and not without baggage. However, they are committed to their love and taking the journey together.

Self-publishing is definitely not a cake walk. There is so much to learn along the way about things like editing, cover appeal, and getting people to read your work and like it! I realized how important it was to network. I have met so many wonderful and caring people along the way! I have made friends through this experience that I've never met, though I feel like I've known them forever. It has been very rewarding.
 
 
 
 
And that brings us to now . . .
My newest released book, 'Diamond Girl,' is the first in a new series called the 'G-Man' series. The males are alpha; the books have a blend of raw hot sex, romance, mystery, and twists. Toss a virgin into the mix and anything can happen!

The 'G-Man' series will offer storylines that are loosely connected to actual events that have happened, but with a whole lot of fictional characters, incidents and passion added to make it a great read! There will be good guys and bad boys; sex and intrigue. At the end of the day there will be HEA for the 'G-men' and the women that they love . . .




Mmmm - Slate!!
  
I hope that you will read my books. Please keep in touch! Here’s where you can find me:


Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AndreaSmithAuthor

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6869343.Andrea_Smith








No comments:

Post a Comment