****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Unexpected Protector - Sloan Johnson

Unexpected Protector
Sloan Johnson
 
 
Synopsis

Everyone makes mistakes in life. Unfortunately, Holly Richards has become an expert at taking the wrong path in life. This time, she may have gone so far that she has alienated the one person who has always been there for her. Will she be able to make the right decision for once in her life?

Tommy Reed’s world shifted the night he found Holly Richards lying in a pool of blood on the ground. For reasons he can’t explain, he feels the need to protect Holly from her own past. In the process, he’s hoping to also teach her that there is more to D/s than releasing pent up emotions.

Life isn’t easy for the former-junkie and the cop. Some of those closest to Tommy are less than thrilled with his devotion to Holly. Those who pressured Holly into her former life are worried she’ll share what she knows. Is there any way for both of them to come away from the situation unscathed?


 
Brenda's Review
 
Oh yeah, this guy could protect me ANYTIME!!!  We meet Tommy in Unexpected Angel.  He's Dylan's best friend.  Tommy is a natural proctor and not just because he's a cop.  He feels a connection to Holly at the end of Unexpected Angel. He sees Holly lying in a pool of her own blood and knows he needs to protect her.
 
Holly has had a rough life. She thought her life was over.  She was hard and heavy into drugs that were supplied by her BFF, Tasha's soon to be ex-husband.  Holly is in debt to him and he wants Holly to "bring Tasha to him" in order to pay back her debt.  Well because she's so strung out on drugs, she does.  It almost gets them both killed.  OK - now that I have you up to speed from Unexpected Angel..... on to Unexpected Protector....
 
It starts with Tommy sitting in the hospital room with Holly.   She is in a coma.  He cannot leave her side.  He is drawn to her and needs to protect her.
 
She finally wakes up and he learns that she's a real spit-fire of a girl!  and he LOVES it!!  Holly needs a place to go now that she's assuming she's homeless.  She ends up going to rehab to kick her drug habit.  Tommy is with her the whole time and when she gets out of rehab, she stays with him.
 
Holly has a lot of self-esteem issues.  She doesn't feel that she's worthy of any kind of love.  Tommy is scared to love....he doesn't want to get hurt.
 
Holly always thought she was a Domme and could NEVER be a sub.  Well Tommy (Dom) sees the natural sub in her and wants her to see that it is not a bad thing.
 
There is a lot of chemistry between these two. I could almost see the sparks coming off of my kindle.  Once I got started on it and hit about 33%, I could not put it down!   It was really good.
 
There is ONE thing that I did not like about this story.... IT HAS A CLIFFHANGER!!  OMG!!!  I am now stressing out!!  When is the next one coming out?!?  And I don't know if I want Zeke's story or Liam's story to be next.  I think I was Zeke!!! 
 
I would rate this book 4 stars. 
 
Here are a few of my favorite quotes:
 
Tommy grips my arms firmly, but without the biting pain I'm accustomed to.  When he pulls me back so I'm leaning against his chest, my breathing becomes quick and shallow once again.  I can feel every ridge of every muscle against my back and want to explore them with my hands.  Oh, who am I kidding?  I would much rather trace those peaks and valleys with my tongue, collecting his salty essence as I go.
 
"You're right,"  Tommy agrees, his eyes burning straight through me.  "The question is, will you allow things to change for the better?  I know you expect the worst, but his time, I'm begging you to allow yourself to prepare for the best."
 
"Let's get inside and out of these wet clothes," I suggest.  "in case you missed the memo, you'd better grab anything you need out of your room because you're not sleeping in there tonight."
 
"What do you want?" I pant, wrapping my legs around his body so I can grind against him......."You, Holly," he says huskily.  I can feel his heart beating hard against my chest.  "You've already given me more than I thought I would ever have."
 
 
Here's a link to the prologue:
 
 Buy Links:
 
Author Info

Sloan is a Midwestern mom who began writing nearly seven years ago as a way to make money while staying home with her daughter. Now, with two kids in tow and having written more articles on how to assemble various pieces of furniture than she can count, she is reaching to make her dreams come true.
 
 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/authorsloanjohnson
Website: http://authorsloanjohnson.blogspot.com/
 
Book 1 - Unexpected Angel
 
GIVEAWAY!!!
1 Kindle Paperwhite (US ONLY) – IF International wins they will receive a gift card to Amazon equivalent to the price of the Paperwhite
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment