****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Cassandra by Starlight by Susan Mac Nicol

Cassandra by Starlight
Book Blurb:
Unconventional though she may be, Cassandra Wallace leads the life of an average Londoner, from blind dates to rush hour traffic. Then, along comes Bennett Saville. Sensitive, charming, erudite, the up-and-coming actor is like the hero of a romantic movie. He counteracts the tragedy that brought them together, and from the tips of his Armani loafers to that scorching hot kiss he seems absolutely perfect. Only, he’s ten years younger and from the upper class, and those emerald eyes beget dangerous secrets. The world is a stage, full of hungry leading ladies, and how long can any fairy tale last before a villain appears? Yet, on Bennett’s arm each new day is an adventure, and a true romance will always find its happy ending
Angie J's Review:
I received a copy of this book from the author to give a true and honest review of what I liked about the book.  I want to start by saying I feel that being an American I might have missed a few of the "funny" parts of the book because I don't know some of the teasing that is used in regards to the area.  I did enjoy the novel and liked the fact that these too people fell in love because of a tragic circumstance.
 The characters: Bennett and Cassie are both very strong willed and independent individuals. They both have overcome sad childhoods but didn't let it break their spirits like some people would.  I found Bella and Edward to be awful people and was glad when they weren't in the book.  I did love Vince and Ian.  They were very important characters in the novel for figuring out the stalker issue with Bennett. I also felt that Alec and Dylan were good for some humor and laughs in the novel.
What I enjoyed:  I loved seeing the characters develop their relationship and see a realistic approach to dating someone famous.  The fears Cassie had were fears I would have had as well.  I would have always compared myself to other people Bennett had dated and wondered "why is he with me?"  I loved the dynamic that these characters had with their friends who were more like their family.  They would fight and make up like we do in real life.  I also liked the jumping through time to see that their relationships are all thriving.
What  I would have liked to see different: maybe a little more consistent sub plotting throughout the book.  I felt like each sub plot was created, dealt with and then solved....repeat and rinse.  Its not saying I didn't enjoy the sub plots but it seemed we just kept having so many sub plots I got a little bit tired of them.  I wish there would have just been the stalker, Bella drama, and maybe Bennett's mother sickness. 
All in all I did enjoy the book and if their was another book written about this couple I would certainly read it.  The author has left many things undone so another book could be possible. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reviw Angie! It's much appreciated

    Susan Mac Nicol

    ReplyDelete