****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Kitsune Tales by TJ Rowser

 Kitsune Tales (Gods, Angels, and Demons... Book One)

Book Blurb:

  It’s been centuries since the last Great Other War that plunged the human race into the dark ages. Pulling away from the gods, and other creatures God had sent to watch over them, humans have made a go of it for themselves, trying to find their own path, and in the process they have changed the world from flat to round and created a universe to go with it. The gods, angels and demons are still there, but left behind, ignored, while the humans flourish. But the Others haven’t forgotten the humans….

Ki was content living her quiet, orderly little life on the outskirts of the city pack as a runt. She’d built up her own business as a freelance researcher and while she didn’t have much, she had more than enough for her. Then she wakes one morning to find that two days of her life are missing, supposedly spent with not just one man, but two, and she suddenly has breasts. Not to mention two tails when she shifts. If that isn’t bad enough, her apartment building catches fire and someone in the smoke wants her dead.

On the run, Ki finds herself in strange company, from Gods to mythical creatures, and sorting out who wants her dead from who wants her alive isn’t going to be easy. With a little divine help, and some old friends, she just might make it out of this mess alive, or lose everything before she even knew what she had.

Angie J's Review:

I was given this book by the author for an honest review.

WOW, AMAZING, FRESH, NEW, EXCITING, DIFFERENT, COOL and FREAKING AWESOME!!  Those are the words I use to describe this amazing new series.

So I was approached by the author for a review and I admit Paranormal is a favorite genera so I said sure.  Well this book is soooo much more then JUST a Paranormal.  It is totally a mythological book that pits our current God and Angels vs Norse Gods and their legends.  I love mythology so this book was totally up my alley.  I loved reading about Odin,Thor, Loki and then Archangel Gabriel all fighting over Earth and its control.   Now the Paranormal aspect is the fact that the main characters can shift into a animals.  I have to admit I feel like I am in on a super secret with this novel.  It is just so amazing.

OK the novel is a long novel at 451 ebook pages.  So if you are looking for a quick read this is not your book.  But trust me when I say invest the time.  This book is WORTH it.  I started it on Sunday and finished it Thursday.   I am a quick reader but the book is intense with information that I would stop reading and think about what I read.  I have to say I loved that fact it stuck with me and made me RECALL information I learned in school about these mythological characters or even recount my Bible stories about the angels.

Now so you know, this is the beginning of a series.  As with ANY new series there is world building and character building.  So do you get a lot of details and information?  YES!!  Do you need to read this information ?  YES!!  The author does a great job building the world, stories of the side characters helping the main heroes and heroine.

The story in a quick, quick summary.....Ki wakes up and has dreams of having sex with not 1 but 2 men who she doesn't even know.  She is the runt of her pack and was told she would never mature and go into heat but WELL she did.  She gets shot and goes on the run.  She gets her aunt to help her and that is when allllllll the characters start to find Ki.  She meets Loki and Hazel (who ,Like, cracks me up cuz she thinks, like, everything is totally awesome.) and then meets THE Wolves *wipes drool off the computer keyboard and fans myself a bit* Vali and Fenrir.  Well a lot more happens to her from being kidnapped, tortured, saves an assassin, saves a lost king......I mean people the girl does a lot of crap and has basically been raised as a human shifter with no knowledge of the "other" part of her.  HAHA You think I will tell you everything, heck no!!!

Listen people IF you think this book sounds good or are even kinda thinking "maybe", trust me.  Buy the book.  I really really enjoyed this book.  It is long and sometimes there is alot going on and alot of information being given but it all makes sense in the end!!!


Author Biology:

TJ Rowser grew up on a working farm that left her with plenty of time to explore her imagination while performing lots of physical labor. The older she got, the more that imagination expanded, and the less she liked the hard physical labor aspect. It took too much time away from the stories in head. Working through a string of office jobs, she found her niche in a helpdesk and settled down to raise a family while happily sitting around exploring the worlds that kept springing to life in her mind. When that wasn't quite enough, she started writing them down and sharing them out, which leads us here, to an author's page, and a book filled with the characters that knock around in her head on a daily basis. They (the characters) are quite pleased with the result and so is she, since happy characters make for a much quieter mind.

Connect with the Author:

Facebook



Buy Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment