****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Friday, January 3, 2014

Strings by Kendall Grey


***PLEASE READ THE WARNING BEFORE READING THIS BOOK***

WARNING: STRINGS is not suitable for slut shamers, uptight stone throwers, Holier-Than-Thou prudes, humorless virgins, persons with chronic neck or back pain, pearl-clutching bitties, those who disparage crude humor or vulgarity in their many forms, closed-minded people with sticks up their asses, or anyone under the age of 18. The vile, base language and shocking, unholy sexual acts contained herein are not condoned by anyone with a lick of sense and should certainly not be reproduced without proper training and protection. The potty-mouthed and perpetually horny "heroine" (the term is used loosely) of this book does not resemble a normal, well-adjusted, or remotely believable person in any way, shape, or form. The author acknowledges that the characters in this book are shallow and two-dimensional; the plot is both ridiculous and insipid. She makes no apologies for any of it.

* Readers are strongly advised to wear latex gloves whilst reading to minimize contamination risks.

Free-spirited musician Letty Dillinger adheres to a strict, “no strings attached” policy when it comes to men. After a wild night of unabashed sex in a fancy hotel room, she never expects to see the adventurous stud she dubs “Shades” again. When her all-girl rock trio books a tour at the last minute as the opening act for their archenemies, Letty’s shocked to discover she knows the competition’s new lead singer. Intimately. Shades is no longer a one-night stand. Now he’s the guy she has to one-up on stage every night for the sake of her career.

Sharing close quarters on a bus with her sexy nemesis and his bad-boy buddies puts Letty’s Golden Rule to the test. On this tour, guitar strings aren’t the only things being played. And when heartstrings are pulled too hard, they’re bound to snap sooner or later.


Jo-Anna's Review:

So Angie J and Melinda have raved about Kendall Grey and these books for months now so I finally picked up the first one. I actually ordered a signed paperback of the book first before reading it. Yes, that's how much I knew I was going to love the book. And my girls wouldn't steer me wrong. 

Now...I've read the blurb and the warning and that jazz months ago when my other friend started reading the book. I was like wow...now that is a warning. I was intrigued but I never got around to reading the book cause I suck. So now that I've read the book or more like devoured it, I am ready to share it and my thoughts with the world.

First thing...WOW!!!! Holy smut on a stick batman! Just wow. Hot, sexy, dirty, in your face, raw, real, messy, intense...those are only some of the words that I can think of to describe this book. Definitely the dirtiest book I have read all year. 

I have to say that I love Letty. Her humor, the things that come out of her mouth, wow...hilarious! Loved it. And Shades? Yum. 

Oh and sorry Angie J, but Toombs had me as soon as he was mentioned! You never should have told me that you loved him. Lol!

Anyways...this book is about Cherry Buzz Float making it big. Well in comes the guys from their own band and BAM! Instant tension. Now mind you, there is a rift between both bands between Rax and Kate. Rax? *shiver* I'm reading Beats now as I'm typing this and I already have been warned by Kendall that I will hate him by the end of that book but that's a whole other review. 

I couldn't put this book down. I had to finish it and then I started the next book right away and am almost done that one. Great job Kendall! Love the smut, love the honesty, love the pure rawness of it. Now I know this book is not for everyone. That would be a boring world if it was but please head warning when you read it. 

Again, read the warning first! If you are faint at heart, this might not be the book for you or you may surprise yourself and actually love it. 


About Kendall:

Kendall Grey is the self-appointed past, present, and future president of the Authors Behaving Badly Club. A whale warrior and indie freedom fighter, she spends summers in the corner (usually with a dunce cap on her head) and winters hunched at the peak of Mt. Trouble, fiery pens of fury (complete with invisible ink) flying across the pages. She has a big set of cajones, and she's not afraid to use them. In her spare time, Kendall speaks your mind so you don't have to.

Kendall lives off a dirt road near Atlanta, Georgia, but don't hold that against her.

Experience her questionable antics at kendallgrey.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment