****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Phoenix Takes Flight (Phoenix #2) by Michelle Stevens


Phoenix Takes Flight (Book 2 of 4)

Blurb:

Before the world of Facebook, Chat Rooms and Blogs, there were online communities called Bulletin Boards…

Beth Lynn is falling in love with The Keeper, also known as Scott Reiner. But he is about to reveal something that will tear the new couple apart. Forced on her own again, Beth is determined to make the most of her life. In the process, she encounters new friends and makes a discovery that changes everything.

* The second part of Beth’s journey expands her horizons. From romance to spiritual awakening, she will never be the same. The Phoenix Series chronicles the love story of Beth and Scott, two computer BBSers who meet in the 1980's. Obstacles lie ahead for the young couple and a tragic event stands at the end that will deeply impact Beth’s life.

For you see, she is a Phoenix ~ her future requires the flame.


Jo-Anna's Review:

I am a huge fan of Red Phoenix's work and I love these little stories.

This part is a continuation of Beth and Scott's relationship. Things take a turn for the worse in an uncomfortable situation between the both of them when Scott mentions God. He's such a good guy that he doesn't pressure Beth or judge her in any way when she tells him that she doesn't believe.

One thing I love about this story is that it's spiritually uplifting. It's way different then the other books I've read by Red and I love that. Red can move from each genre flawlessly. Although the Brie books are just downright sexy and hot, the Phoenix books are sexy in a whole different way. On a deeper level if that makes any sense at all. If it doesn't, you'll just have to read these stories to find out exactly what I mean.

Beth ends up vollunteering her time at an old age home and meets the wonderful Mrs. Pinkerton. I would love to meet an older woman like her. She's inspiring and lives life to the fullest.

“It's useless to waste your energies on things you cannot change."

Mrs. Pinkerton is correct and I feel inspired by her and Red because that's what my daddy tells me all of the time. As I know and Beth surely knows, that's easier said then done.

And can I just tell you that I do not like Jim in the least. To tell Beth that she is a horrible person just because she broke up with him for him being a douche is downright rude. Ugh. *growl* My hackles are risen for her and I would totally punch him in the nose for Beth.

I may be biased but I'm totally smitten with Scott but I think that's because he reminds me so much of my hubby.

"You're hot. Hubba, hubba." - LOL!! Definitely reminds me of my hubby. You need to read this book to find out more about Scott and Beth. I just love them both and the connection they have because of a higher being is simply beautiful and inspiring. Yes, this book has a spiritual and a religious value. It's about Beth finding herself, facing hardships from her friends and family about her new conversion and how it brings her and Scott closer together.

Several people question Beth's newfound faith and it's heartbreaking. On one hand, it's understandable but on the other, they should be supportive and encourage her.

Scott is just swoon worthy and the way he is with Beth, tugs at my heart strings and makes me go *sigh* each and every time his name is mentioned. Which I'm sure Beth feels the same way.

Carrie, Scott's ex date/girlfriend shoves some unwelcome thoughts into Beth's head that makes it difficult for her to trust him. FYI, I'm not a fan of Carrie.

Love love loved the way this part ended!! So sweet and fulfilling, heart warming and inspiring. I just loved it!!



Author information:


Michelle lives by the beautiful Rockies with her husband and children. She grew up in the 80's and still has fondness for that era. She was a schoolteacher for many years, but always dreamed of writing.

"Enjoy life by embracing the sadness as well as the happiness. It's all a part of being on this earth."
~ Mrs. Pinkerton

Feel free to email me at: michellestevensauthor@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment