****** The blog that you are viewing DOES contain adult content and material. YOU must be 18 or older to view this page. Thank you *****

WOOOPS!!!

WE HAVE MOVED AS OF FEBRUARY 1, 2014!!

WANNA KEEP UP WITH US???

GO TO WWW.TWINSIETALK.COM

Email is at Twinsies@Twinsietalk.com

SEE YOU THERE SOON!!!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Lover At Last by JR Ward

 Book Blurb:
Qhuinn, son of no one, is used to being on his own. Disavowed from his bloodline, shunned by the aristocracy, he has finally found an identity as one of the most brutal fighters in the war against the Lessening Society. But his life is not complete. Even as the prospect of having a family of his own seems to be within reach, he is empty on the inside, his heart given to another....

Blay, after years of unrequited love, has moved on from his feelings for Qhuinn. And it’s about time: The male has found his perfect match in a Chosen female, and they are going to have a young—just as Qhuinn has always wanted for himself. It’s hard to see the new couple together, but building your life around a pipe dream is just a heartbreak waiting to happen. As he’s learned firsthand.

Fate seems to have taken these vampire soldiers in different directions... but as the battle over the race’s throne intensifies, and new players on the scene in Caldwell create mortal danger for the Brotherhood, Qhuinn finally learns the true definition of courage, and two hearts who are meant to be together... finally become one.
Jo-Anna's Review:
Ok so I'll be honest. When I first heard last year that the new book was going to be about Qhuinn and Blay, I wasn't all that happy. I really wanted to hear about Lassiter or Murhder or Trez or someone. Now as the time neared for Lover At Last to come out, I got more and more excited. Seeing the snip its from the WARDen's Facebook page helped with that. Now when I got this book on my Kobo at midnight of the release day, I couldn't have been more excited. The build up to this book and the hype around it, was intense. It was one of the most anticipated books of the series.
Now for my review. First thing, I ABSOLUTELY FREAKING LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!! Five stars does NOT do this book justice. I take back every negative thing I said. I love love loved it!! It's by far my favorite book of The Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
“You've always had me ... and my heart. My soul. Everything. I wish it hasn't taken this long for me to man up.”  
I was so happy with how this book turned out. At times, I wanted to bash Qhuinn and Blay's heads together. I read this book from start to finish and if there wasn't a thing called sleep, I would have read it in one sitting, so I ended up finishing it in a day and a half.
“Shit. With Qhuinn looking at him like that, he couldn’t remember his own name. Blaysox? Blacklock? Blabberfox? Who the fuck knew…”  

Too be honest again, I wasn't sure how I'd handled the M/M sex scenes since I am new to it but the WARDen wrote them beautifully. But when I went into the book, I looked at it as two people who loved each other and who had to go through some difficult times to get together, not as two males.

I am so happy that they finally figured out how to be together and that Qhuinn and Blay both smartened up. When I finished the book, I was so filled with emotion that I could have cried for hours. I was so happy with how it ended and I can't wait to see their story grow through the next books. If we found out that the next book coming out would have been about them again, I would be overjoyed!



If you love the Brotherhood books, definitely read this one. It helps the story move along with all the other side stories and seeing Qhuinn and Blay finally make it to each other, was beautiful. I give this book 5 billion stars and more!!!


Author Information:



J.R. Ward is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author of erotic paranormal romance. She lives in the south with her incredibly supportive husband and her beloved golden retriever. After graduating from law school, she began working in healthcare in Boston and spent many years as Chief of Staff of one of the premier academic medical centers in the nation. Writing has always been her passion and her idea of heaven is a whole day of nothing but her computer, her dog and her coffee pot.

Under her maiden name, Jessica Bird, she writes contemporary romance novels

Visit JRWard.com for more on the Brotherhood or email her at jrw@jrward.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment